There are different types of tummy tuck procedures. These are common choices when it comes to body contouring methods with significant results. On picking a credible surgeon and choosing the right type of tummy tuck, recovery can be easy.
Things To Avoid While Recovering After Tummy Tuck
- To begin with, you should follow a healthy diet. Avoid foods with too much salt or sugar content. Sodium in general should only be taken in moderation. Processed foods and others that are heavy on the stomach or likely to cause bloating should be avoided.
- For a short period of time, till your painkiller course is over, you should avoid driving.
- Clothes that are too tight, fabric that can cause sweat or irritation in the tummy region should be avoided. Drawstring or elastic exerting pressure on the tummy can hamper the recovery process.
- For a few weeks after tummy tuck avoid physical exercises. Even if you have been following a strict fitness plan recently, wait till your doctor evaluates your recovery progress till you resume workouts.
- Another common task to avoid after tummy tuck is lifting heavy objects.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like consumption of alcohol and smoking are the other major items to avoid after tummy tuck. These are habits that can slow down the healing process. Alcohol entering the blood stream can also have impacts on the speed at which the incision heals.
- Avoid contact with people who are ill and if possible stay away from pets and other places where you are likely to contract infections. This step to avoid infection is application to all surgeries in general, including tummy tuck.